Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Welcome to Trail Lust!

I never thought I would be one for blogging; it always seemed like an incredible waste of time. However, after having the dual experience of reading Allie's blog (you don't know Allie? Well you should!) and spending as much time thinking about hiking and climbing as I do, I figured it was time to stretch out my thoughts somewhere. So here it goes!

My blog's name is Trail Lust, which is fitting for someone whose thoughts of being outdoors are only interrupted by the need to eat and time spent with loved ones....and I guess a healthy love of Guinness, but that's another story.  I have short, medium, and long-term goals on my adventure bucket list and I hope to share them with anyone who has a similar obsession with towering slabs of granite and the narrow, compacted strips of Earth dubbed "trail". 





I hope to bring stories of my current objective, the Adirondack high peaks, along with the Colorado 14er's, the great three national trails, sites from out West, and if I should ever strike the lotto and find the cash to do it, the tallest 7 summits on all 7 continents (a boy can dream right?).  Also be prepared for the anxiety of having such a strong wanderlust and feeling increasingly trapped by an ever increasing list of undesired responsibilities and the uncertainties associated with them; who wants to grow up anyway? Is it possible to grow down???  Maybe I should be writing a blog about that....sh*t.  Well I already made this page so I guess it's too late.

Before I sign out, let me introduce my climbing partners!  My best friend/basically brother since the third grade, Brian (aka Grizzly Bear).  He throws stuff at me far too often on the trail and is deathly afraid of heights oddly enough, but he is a killer outdoorsman (you'll have to excuse his F-bombs when I post video):


And the aforementioned Allie (aka Brown Bear), the only girl I know who is enough like me to spend days in the mountains singing Ja Rule, and bold enough to tell me to shut up 10x's on end when I'm talking too much.  After knowing each other for the last decade though, I wouldn't expect much else:


Enjoy the ride!  Your fearless leader, Stephon (aka Black Bear).
 


No comments:

Post a Comment