Monday, October 19, 2015

Under the Rainbow is Skaneateles

Just west of Syracuse New York, lies the town of Skaneateles.  Normally this kind of town would barley register on my radar.  It's small, homogenous, uberly rich and, well, boring most of the year.  When I'm not out hiking or something of the sort though, I'm working my butt off at a winery that operates out of the town.  How did I get from political science to managing a wine bar?  I'll save that for another post.  I've been here for over a year now though and have been able to find the character and charm that this town exudes once I started paying attention.  And then, once upon a rainy day:



Skaneateles has never looked so good. With plenty of bars, restaurants, local artisan shops and of course me, the town is well worth a visit.  Just head down to White Birch winery and ask for Stephon.  Drinks on the house.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment